Maritime Single Window
World Class Advisory Services
In April 2019, the International Maritime Organization FAL 43 decided a major amendment requiring national governments to implement the electronic exchange of information related to maritime transport. Thousands of ports across the globe have been impacted by this international regulation. In May 2022, IMO FAL 46 decided to make mandatory as of January 1st, 2024 the Maritime Single Window (MSW), in which all information required by public authorities in connection with the arrival, stay and departure of ships, people and cargo will be submitted electronically, via a single platform.
The IMO FAL initiatives related to the vessel arrival, stay and departure are designed to simplify cross-border trade, reduce the administrative burden and create a more efficient logistics chain. Yet many countries are still to implement policy-making. coordinated Border Management and Shipping interests need to be aligned.
This will include developing strategies to engage with member states and focus on change management strategies including a institutional and legal framework. A Maritime Single Window is not an IT project but a change managenement project related to vessel clearance and port call business process.
Maritime Street partners with governments, governmental agencies and IFIs in the maritime supply chain providing a world class advisory service which covers all aspects of the FAL legislation and the Maritime Single Window.
- Expertise on policy developments related to digital trade logistics and cross-border data flows
- Supervisory of design and implementation of digital trade logistics platforms
- Insights and capacity building helping policy-makers to understand and deal with emerging technologies in digital trade logistics and cross-border data flows
- Contribution of global thought and change management leadership including developing practical solutions to advance sustainable development in digital trade logistics
- Project design to operationalise policies, shape the trajectory of new technologies and create tangible economic impacts
- Development of a PPP digital trade logistics platform
- Benchmarking of digital trade logistics implementation around the world
To stay updated on the latest policies and developments regarding the port and shipping industry, register now to receive complimentary reports and analysis.
News & Views
Sign up for the latest updates
Stay connected for the latest news updates, articles and white papers for the global trade logistics industry.