Maritime Single Window
Best-in-class advisory services
In April 2019, the Facilitation of Internal Maritime Traffic (FAL) Convention enforced a major amendment requiring national governments to implement the electronic exchange of information related to maritime transport. Thousands of ports across the globe will be impacted by regulation. Simultaneously, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is encouraging the Maritime Single Window concept, in which all information required by public authorities in connection with the arrival, stay and departure of ships, people and cargo will be submitted electronically, via a single platform without duplication.
The FAL /IMO initiatives are designed to simplify cross-border trade, reduce the administrative burden and create a more efficient logistics chain. Yet many countries are still to implement the policy-making process. Government agencies and shipping interests need to be prepared. This will include developing strategies to engage with member states and implementing IT solutions which are capable of exchanging data via a single point of contact by implementing a Maritime Single Window.
Maritime Street partners with governments and agencies in the maritime supply chain providing a best-in-class consulting service which covers all aspects of the FAL legislation and the Maritime Single Window.
- Expertise on policy developments related to digital trade logistics and cross-border data flows
- Supervisory of design and implementation of digital trade logistics platforms
- Insights and capacity building helping policy-makers to understand and deal with emerging technologies in digital trade logistics and cross-border data flows
- Contribution of global thought and change management leadership including developing practical solutions to advance sustainable development in digital trade logistics
- Project design to operationalise policies, shape the trajectory of new technologies and create tangible economic impacts
- Development of a digital trade logistics platform PPP
- Benchmarking of digital trade logistics implementation around the world
To stay updated on the latest policies and developments regarding the port and shipping industry, register now to receive complimentary reports and analysis.
News & Views
Sign up for the latest updates
Stay connected for the latest news updates, articles and white papers for the global trade logistics industry.